As Oak Associates, Chris Gunning has worked in the HR field for over twenty five years as a trainer, coach, (including LEAD Wales), facilitator, mentor, consultant, writer and line manager, becoming IPD qualified, and continuing professional development via an MEd, in Education Training and Development at Sheffield University and Level 7 Executive Coaching and Mentoring at Bangor University. Clients ranging from multi-nationals, utilities through to newly formed companies, SMEs/micro and public and third sector organisations in the UK and overseas, (recently Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Hungary).
Projects relate primarily to some form of change linked organisational culture/development, teamwork personal accountability and continuous improvement. Training programmes (which can lead to a range of management and leadership professional awards and qualifications) are designed and delivered for team leaders, managers, directors, and trainers. Chris is proud to have been one of the first Navigator (Men’s Personal Development programme) trainers to be licensed in 1999 since when he has enjoyed delivering numerous programmes to a range of organisations – with excellent reviews!
In a ‘nutshell’, the approach to all assignments is one of pragmatism leading to tangible results.
The aim is to offer a quality, value for money, practical, business results focused service to all clients regardless of their size or the length of the project. We provide this by:
- Working closely with clients and programme participants to ensure a full understanding of needs, expectations, hopes, wants and any concerns
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- High levels of professional competence
- Approaching learning as a continuous lifelong process
- Designing interventions specifically to meet the understood and agreed needs
To provide all clients and participants with an open, honest, stimulating and pragmatic results-focused service by only undertaking training, coaching, facilitation and writing projects which are of genuine interest and which provide a learning experience leading to success for all involved.
- Navigator Programme: I would recommend this course for all men. Great experience and interaction to build confidence and skills for the present and future. (Omesh Sharma – NHS)
- Navigator Programme: Chris is a man of integrity; his insights throughout the course were invaluable. He should be given the opportunity to train CQC, he is an excellent trainer (Timothy Labor – CQC)
- From an early stage in the course the change in the attitude of the managers and supervisors became obvious. As the course came to a close we saw a total turnaround in attitude and approach to their role in the company. I believe that the main reason for the success of the course was the ability of Chris Gunning to gain the respect of a group of aggressive long serving managers and supervisors and channel that aggression and experience into improving the company. I would have no hesitation in recommending Chris to any potential clients.” (Keith O’Brien, Manufacturing Manager from Eastland, a leading manufacturing company)
Director, Oak Associates
216 Heaton Moor Road
Tel: 0161 443 1740
Fax: 0161 443 881
Mobile: 07831 543604