Boost – for people in the early stages of their careers
Boost is a personal and work development course written for men and women who are relatively new to the working world, and in the early stages of their careers. They may be in jobs full time or part time, in apprenticeships, graduate or onboarding programmes and could be any age. It prepares participants to develop their careers quickly and effectively, by coaching them to become more career ‘savvy’ and self-reliant for career management.
- instil a positive sense of direction and boosts confidence
- teach essential skills that will enable you to progress rapidly
- provide clear, practical and realistic goals that you can achieve
- improve personal effectiveness, aids communications skills & builds assertiveness
- develop effective intergenerational communication
The course was launched in 2016 in response to employers’ requests for staff, trainees and apprentices to get to grips with their relevant career goals, and make the most of their potential, becoming a contributory employee much faster. This course is complimentary to apprenticeships, graduate programmes and onboarding programmes.